Again today we did lots of work in class. Under the document camera I project a paragraph about competitive sports. As a class we looked at it, we organized it by doing some or all of the following: boxing in the reason, crossing out evidence that did not work, rewriting of some of the evidence, adding to it, moving evidence around to help it read more smoothly, explaining the importance of the evidence, getting more evidence, citing sources, put the most compelling evidence at the end.
Then you went back to your seats and worked on your paragraph that you had written last night. Some of you had problems as you DID NOT do your homework last night.
Finally, you completed your self-assessment about perseverance and turned it in for a HOWLs grade.
1. Read your number of pages and record.
2. Be sure your author planning sheet is completed by tomorrow. Some of you did not have it done today.
3. Be thinking about a topic you will want to research for your argument paper.
4. Look at Infinite Campus and complete missing work.
5. Parents need to sign up for conferences. Students have the information and if not, call the school's office.
Have a great evening,